Courtesy of the Indian Film Festival Melbourne, Film Blerg is giving away 1 double pass to Opening Night (Friday 3 May, 7pm at Hoyts Melbourne Central) and 1 double pass to the opening of ACMI’s Launch of 100 Years of Indian Cinema (Saturday 4 May, 9pm at ACMI).
Please state a preference for either night in your entry and note that both events take place in Melbourne.
Festival Synopsis: After last year’s barnstorming launch we are back with another mouth-watering masala of movie magic from the world’s biggest, and often craziest, film industry. This year is extra special as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of Indian film, from the first silent feature, through the advent of sound and colour, to today’s modern blockbusters. This is a rare chance for Melburnian film buffs to discover Indian cinema as it happened, and experience the growth of not only the film industry but also India herself.
In a special retrospective we will be honouring our beloved Festival Patron, Yash Chopra, who sadly passed away in October of last year. And this year we are honoured to be welcoming one of the greatest living legends of all times, Amitabh Bachchan, to our festival.
Indian cinema’s best and brightest will again join us in Melbourne as some of their biggest stars and most talented filmmakers introduce their films, take part in Q&As with audiences and, in a new series of Masterclasses, share their insights and experiences with fans and filmmakers.
With blockbusters, cult classics and art-house films from across India and the subcontinent, the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2013 is a feast for the senses. So sit back, relax, and experience 100 years of magnificent Indian cinema.
How to win:
- Visit our Facebook page and hit the “SHARE” button on the INDIAN FILM FESTIVAL status.
- Write “Win a double pass to the Indian Film Festival Opening Night and ACMI retrospective” in the write something section.
- Send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org with INDIAN FILM FESTIVAL in the subject.
Terms and conditions
- Passes are eligible only to Australian residents.
- Film Blerg and the Indian Film Festival Melbourne cannot be held accountable for any delay or loss of prizes.
- You must follow Film Blerg on Facebook or Twitter to be eligible.
- Any information sent remains confidential.