Courtesy of Hopscotch Films, Film Blerg is giving away 3 double passes to see the new film from the makers of Baraka, SAMSARA, out in cinemas from Wed 26 December. **Please note that the passes are not valid until January 10.
Film Synopsis: The team behind Baraka reunites for another journey around the world in Samsara, exploring themes of birth, life, death and rebirth through stunning visuals and music. ‘Samsara’ is a Tibetan word that means “the ever turning wheel of life,” and the film is an unparalleled sensory experience.
Baraka director Ron Fricke reunites with producer Mark Magidson to expand on their effort to portray the connections between humanity and nature in a bold way. Shot for over four years and across 26 countries, the film transports us through multiple cultures to sacred grounds, disaster sites, industrialized zones and natural wonders. By dispensing with dialogue and descriptive text, the filmmakers subvert our expectations of a documentary. Instead, they encourage our own interpretations inspired by mesmerising visuals and musical compositions that infuse the ancient with the modern.
Through powerful, breathtaking images pristinely photographed in 70mm and a dynamic music score,Samsara shows how our life cycle mirrors the rhythm of the planet. The filmmakers give us privileged access to profound scenarios. For filmgoers who cherished the revelations of Baraka almost twenty years ago,Samsara proves to be worth the wait.
How to win:
- Visit our Facebook page and hit the “SHARE” button on the SAMSARA status.
- Write “Win tickets to see the new film from the makers of Baraka, SAMSARA” in the write something section.
- Send your name and address to email@example.com with SAMSARA in the subject.
Terms and conditions
- Passes are eligible only to Australian residents.
- Film Blerg and Hopscotch Films cannot be held accountable for any delay or loss of prizes.
- You must follow Film Blerg on Facebook or Twitter to be eligible.
- Any information sent remains confidential.