Courtesy of Madman Films, Film Blerg is giving away 5 double passes to a preview screening of the documentary SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN, in cinemas from Thurs 4 October. The screening will occur on Thursday 27th at 6:30pm at Cinema Nova in Carlton.
Film Synopsis: In the late ‘60s, a musician was discovered in a Detroit bar by two celebrated producers who were struck by his soulful melodies and prophetic lyrics. They recorded an album that they believed was going to secure his reputation as one of the greatest recording artists of his generation. In fact, the album bombed and the singer disappeared into obscurity amid rumors of a gruesome on-stage suicide. But a bootleg recording found its way into apartheid South Africa and, over the next two decades, it became a phenomenon. Two South African fans then set out to find out what really happened to their hero. Their investigation led them to a story more extraordinary than any of the existing myths about the artist known as Rodriguez. This is a film about hope, inspiration and the resonating power of music.
How to win:
- Visit our Facebook page and hit the “SHARE” button on the SUGAR MAN status.
- Write “Win tickets to a preview screening of the documentary SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN ” in the write something section.
- Send your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org with SUGAR MAN in the subject.
Competition opens 9am AEST Monday 24th September, 2012 and closes 9am AEST Wednesday 26th September, 2012.
Terms and conditions
- Passes are eligible only to Australian residents.
- Film Blerg and Madman Films cannot be held accountable for any delay or loss of prizes.
- You must follow Film Blerg on Facebook or Twitter to be eligible.
- Any information sent remains confidential.