Courtesy of Hopscotch Films, Film Blerg is giving away 3 double passes to see Maggie Gyllenhaal in HYSTERIA only in cinemas from 12 July, 2012.
Film Synopsis: Maggie Gyllenhaal and Hugh Dancy star in this offbeat and very amusing romantic comedy about the invention of the vibrator in Victorian England. Based on a true story, Hysteria is set in 1880, and follows Mortimer Granville (Dancy), a young doctor disillusioned by his colleagues’ medieval practices. He starts working for Dr Dalrymple, who treats cases of the female ailment commonly known as hysteria by offering them intimate manual relief. Demand becomes so great that Dalrymple and Mortimer cannot keep up with ‘curing’ women. To keep Mortimer working, Dalrymple promises him his business, and the hand of his beautiful young daughter. But when Mortimer falls for Dalrymple’s older and most unconventional daughter, the feisty feminist Charlotte (Gyllenhaal) who runs a women’s refuge in east London, his future looks doubtful. In desperation, he invents a machine that will at least solve his medical challenges – the world’s first vibrator.
ONLY AT THE MOVIES JULY 12TH
How to win:
- Visit our Facebook page and hit the “SHARE” button on the Hysteria status.
- Write “Win free tickets to see Maggie Gyllenhaal in HYSTERIA” in the write something section.
- Send your name and address to email@example.com with HYSTERIA in the subject.
3 winners will be randomly selected from those who share the status with the stated written material.
Competition opens 9am AEST Monday 9th July, 2012 and closes 5pm AEST Friday 13th July, 2012.
Terms and conditions
- Passes are eligible only to Australian residents.
- Film Blerg and Hopscotch Films cannot be held accountable for any delay or loss of prizes.
- You must follow Film Blerg on Facebook or Twitter to be eligible.
- Any information sent remains confidential.