Courtesy of Curios Distribution, Film Blerg is giving away 5 in-season double passes to see JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI, exclusively at Cinema Nova in Melbourne from March 22, 2012.
Film Synopsis: JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI is the story of 85 year-old Jiro Ono, considered by many to be the world’s greatest sushi chef. His 10-seat, sushi-only restaurant is inauspiciously located in a Tokyo subway station. But, despite its humble appearances, it is the first restaurant of its kind to be awarded a prestigious 3 star Michelin review, and sushi lovers from around the globe make repeated pilgrimage, calling months in advance and shelling out top dollar for a coveted seat at Jiro’s sushi bar.
For most of his life, Jiro has been mastering the art of making sushi, but even at his age he strives daily for perfection, working tirelessly from sunrise to well beyond sunset.
At the heart of this story is Jiro’s complex relationship with his eldest son Yoshikazu, the worthy heir to Jiro’s legacy, but who must live in his father’s immense shadow.
JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI is a thoughtful and elegant meditation on work, family, and the art of perfection.
To win tickets, follow the simple instructions
- Fill out your name, email and address
- Answer how old Jiro Ono is
- Follow Film Blerg on Twitter or Facebook and check the box
- Agree to the terms and conditions
Competition opens 9am AEST Monday 19th March, 2012 and closes 5pm AEST Friday 23rd March, 2012.
Competition is now closed.
Terms and conditions
- Passes are eligible only to Australian residents
- Film Blerg and Curios Distribution cannot be held accountable for any delay or loss of prizes.
- You must follow Film Blerg on Facebook or Twitter to be eligible.